Saturday, May 16, 2009

new york city



Out of all the different towns, cities, and countries I've been to, I've never been to New York City (except for when I was three and I don't remember that).  We stayed at our friends, Yoni and Sheva.  As Jonah would say, we had a "poopy" great time.  We started out walking on the Brooklyn boardwalk where we had a great view of the Statue of Liberty.  

My favorite thing there was meeting some of my half-siblings--Julia and Henry (9, a month older than me), who are twins, and then Sarah (13) and Miriam (17), who are really greats actors.  Miriam's been in a movie.  But we know there are really eleven people in the donor family and probably more.  

We were in New York for five days in all, and we also did things like go to the Natural History Musueum, go to the Met and have Yoni as a tour guide, have a picnic in Central Park (and getting a gigantic thorn stuck in your foot), go to FAO Schwarz and the American Girl shop.  

These were my adventures in New York. 

P.S. We got to eat my favorite food in NY: bagels.  Those were the best bagels I've ever had. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your adventures in New York! Your writing and your picture are both great!

    Love,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, You are a gifted writer as you express yourself beautifully with your words. I saw the pictures of your adventures just by reading your perfect descriptions...

    Miriam, Sally and I all enjoyed meeting you, Jonah and your mom when your visited us. Miriam speaks so warmly of you and Jonah now. We had a small Memorial Day gathering of the 1/2 sibling kids and parents just this Monday at Vicki and Sarah's home in Brooklyn;such fun!
    Miriam and Sarah shared their joy in meeting you with Sarita and Ben, who were excited to hear all about you.

    Love the blog.... I will show it to Miriam when she gets home from school...

    love, Stephani (Miriam's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. community.microsoftadvertising.com

    ReplyDelete